Sunday, August 16, 2009

One thing I ask the Lord

A week before school starts and the pace around the athletic department has quickened. We're busy finalizing schedules, officials, equipment, transportation and the dozens of other details that affect our 16 teams that will participate at CCA this fall. And, I'm sure our administrators, teachers, coaches, moms, dads, and students are feeling the same pressures preparing for a new school year.



Turning to the only source for answers and peace, the Bible says in Acts 20:24 "if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me - the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace." It was Paul's single mindedness that made him the greatest missionary of all time.



Psalm 27:4 says, "One thing I ask the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple." Pastor Mark used this verse yesterday at the "Born for More" men's conference held at Calvary Chapel Fort Lauderdale to make the point that career satisfaction and personal success come from simplifying things and narrowing the focus.



Colossians 3 tells us to set our hearts and minds on things above. This means STOP STRESSING OUT and focus on what God has called us to do...make disciples. Seek first His kingdom and God will take care of the rest.

1 comment:

  1. As a new CCA Athletics staff member, I am excited knowing God is working in and through this department to be an extension of His character for the students, families, community. My prayer is that in our commitment to the Lord, we will see Him move in ways we never imagined. May we keep our eyes fixed on Him daily!

    ReplyDelete